±JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· Expat Focus Financial Update July 2017
· The Lifestyles And Cultures Of Great Expat Locations
· Understanding Exchange Rates for Your Overseas Property Purchase
· Interview With Duncan Khoury, Head of Marketing, World First Australia
· Expat Focus Financial Update June 2017
· Relocation Destinations For The Politically Minded And Socially Progressive Expat
· Expat Focus Financial Update May 2017
· An Expat Guide To Investing While Living Abroad
· Expat Focus Financial Update 27 April 2017
Education and SchoolsBack to top Back to main Skip to menu
India - Education and Schools
Foreigners prefer to come to India for their studies because of affordable education costs and the excellent scenic beauty available there. There are some very good boarding schools on hill stations of Mussoorie, Dalhousie etc. that impart education on the British level ICSE pattern. Most of the schools offer a range of co-curricular activities like games and sports, theatre, dance and music, gymnasium and cyber cafes.
- A letter confirming one's admission to a recognized institute must accompany the application form.
- Evidence of financial arrangements for stay in India must be given.
- A letter of Approval or NOC from the Ministry of Health, government of India is required for admission to medical or para-medical courses.
- A letter of Approval or NOC from the Ministry of HRD is required for admission to graduate or post-graduate courses in engineering/ technical institutions in India.
- The student visa is valid for the period of study in India.
Submitted March 2007 by Monica:
I feel your guide should mention Excelsior American School, Gurgaon - an upcoming school with an international environment and methodology . A must visit for expats because I know how much trouble I had in trying to find a good school for my children when I came to India from the US.
Submitted June 2009 by Dave:
I'm an American working for American Express in Gurgaon. A popular school for those living outside Delhi, in Gurgaon (DLF area) is American Public School (http://www.americanpublicschool.com/). My children go there and really enjoy it.
Expat Health Insurance Partners
Our award-winning expatriate business provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. In addition, we have helped develop world-class health systems for governments, corporations and providers around the world. We want to be the global leader in delivering world-class health solutions, making quality health care more accessible and empowering people to live healthier lives.
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.